Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Kyle's Animator Pencil

I had a few min to doodle up some sketches with Kyle's new Animator Pencil that he released yesterday. I was pretty stoked about it. One of its features is that you can tilt the stylus to simulate some shading techniques like one could with a real pencil. This feature didn't seem to work as well as I had hoped. The tilt range was minimal and the surface area of the brush did not really increase that much. I also felt as if I needed to press pretty hard on the tablet to get it to shade as much as I needed it to. Still, the Animator Pencil gives a nice and fluid line for fast sketching. It might be my new go-to brush for drawing in Photoshop. Head on over to Kyle's Gumroad page and give the guy a few bucks for it. Its worth it!


No comments: